How to measure your wall - top 10 tips
We often get asked how to measure a wall for a mural wallpaper.
We've put together this easy infographic to show you how you would get the right dimensions for your wall mural.
Our top 10 step by step tips - How to measure your wall
You'll then have accurate height and width dimensions for your wall mural PLUS additional info that will assist us in getting you the best results.
- Draw a map on paper and plot your measurements
- Height Measurement - measure both sides to determine the tallest measurement. If your wall includes a window or a door, still give us the exact height
- Width Measurement - to get the exact width measurement, measure directly across. If your wall includes a window or a door, still give us the exact width across
- We recommend detailed measurements, so we can ensure your wall mural looks great with your furniture and anything else on your wall
- Add the width and height of furniture
- Add the width of where furniture sits on the wall
- Add the width and height of windows and doors
- Do not include the baseboard or skirting in the measurement
- Do not include the crown moulding in the measurement
- Don't forget to measure everything at least twice!
We require your dimensions in millimetres - eg: 4000mm (w) x 3000mm (h) and not inches, feet or metres. If you need to convert measurements, use this easy Google Conversion Tool
Easy to follow infographics
Need more help?
If you're unsure of your measurements or have any questions, we here to help!
Leave a comment
Comments will be approved before showing up.
Also in Help Guides
We often get asked for advice on how best to install our mural wallpaper. We've put together this step by step guide to help you with helpful tips and tricks. Read More
We often get asked Wallpaper vs Wall Murals? What's the difference? Which one is best for my feature wall? We've put together the top 5 reasons why. Read More
We are using advanced, eco-friendly digital latex printing technology and use non-PVC material while printing your mural wallpapers. Besides your mural having amazing vivid colours, high-definition detail, ultra smooth finish, it ensures that your wallpaper is non-toxic, flame resistant, easy to install or remove and lasts for years!
- HP PVC free wallpaper
- Safe: Non-Toxic
- PVC, VOC & BPA free Water based UV stable (solvent free) Latex inks
- Easy to use (water activated paste)
- Environmentally friendly & biodegradable
- Durable water activated wallpaper
- Removable without leaving residue
- Won’t shrink or curl
- Flame resistant
- Accredited for use in all environments including Hospitals and infant rooms
- Odourless prints on this FSC and Greenguard Children and Schools certified wallpaper
Customers are requiring compliance with legal regulations including documented proof that environmental standards are met so it’s important to our business and brand that we are supplying this for our customers.
The water-based Latex Inks we use offer a healthier solution from the studio to the customer’s wall and the recycling of consumables. Our Inks meet a range of stringent human health criteria represented by UL ECOLOGO® and GREENGUARD GOLD Certifications.5 ,6. In addition, our murals use Latex Inks on PVC-free Wall Paper and meet AgBB criteria for health-related evaluation of VOC emissions of indoor building products.7 These prints are rated A+ (very low-emission)
Another question, perhaps?